“Lartigue, el cazador de instantes felices. Fotografías a color (Lartigue, Hunter of Joyful Snapshots. Colour Photographs)” shows a surprising and almost unknown part of French artist Jacques Henri Lartigue’s work: his colour photographs. For the first time, a broad selection of these photographs have been devoted a large exhibition in Spain.
The exhibition highlights a singular element that defined his entire life: his ambition for capturing “the joyful snapshots” he witnessed and participated in.
“My God, ever since I was five or six years old, I’ve been begging you: please, let me photograph everything in colour!”
30 October 1952 (Extract from Lartigue’s memoirs, vol.3)Ampliar información Cerrar
Fundación Canal offers tours through the Fundación’s team of guides, trained by experts in Art History, to bring the exhibition closer to guests in a comprehensive way.
• Dates and times: during the exhibition period Ask about availability at [email protected]
• Duration: 1 hour
• Maximum 20 people (19+ guide) per guided tour
• Prices per group: in Spanish and for non-seeing people: M-F: 61€, Weekends and bank holidays: 73€. In other languages and sign language (English / Spanish): M-F: 71€, Weekends and bank holidays: 79€.
• Payment is made in advance upon booking.
Tours designed and guided by Didark
Information and booking: [email protected]
• Prior booking by telephone is mandatory +34 91 545 15 01 (Monday through Friday, from 11 to 19:30h). Please see availability and hours.
• Capacity: guided tours for group of up to 20 people, including guide.
• Maximum tour duration: 60 minutes
• It is mandatory to use the guide system. The tour is without cost if you come with your own system. If you do not have this service, the Fundación provides a service for hire (1€/person and a 50€/group deposit).
• Specific rules for tours with private guides HERE
Fundación Canal provides your company or institution the opportunity to organise a private tour of our magnificent exhibitions. These are guided tours given by our experts not during exhibition hours, exclusively for you. This is a one-of-a-kind opportunity to do a different, enriching activity which will surely delight your employees or clients. You can round off the tour with a cocktail party in the lobby or gardens. You may also organise a private tour as a complement to other events or meetings you hold elsewhere in our facilities.
For more information, [email protected]
A complementary activity designed for families with children aged 6 to 12.
· Dates: Weekends during the exhibition period.
• Saturdays at 10:30 and 16:30h
• Sundays at 10:30 and 16:30h
· Price: 8€ per participant. Discounts for large families and the unemployed.
· Duration: two hours (tour + workshop)
· In-person option: Mateo Inurria 2 and auditorium
Workshops taught by instructors from Mirarte, specialised in Art History education for children and young people.
Designed for both Primary and ESO groups, this activity combines dynamic exhibition tours with fun workshops led by educational experts to put what students have learned into practise. Moreover, Fundación Canal provides teachers with educational sheets about the subjects addressed in “Madrid. Crónica creativa de los 80” so they can prepare for the tour beforehand.
• For groups of students from:
Primary and Secondary Education.
During the exhibition period. Inquire for availability through the ticket telephone line.
• Book your spot:
Monday through Thursday from 10:00 to 14:00
+34 91323 28 72
Advance booking required
3€ participant (teachers at no cost). Minimum payment 20 participants per group
· Tour hours
For Primaria groups, from Monday through Friday at 10:00 h. Tour + workshop, 120 min duration.
Business days and holidays from 11:00 to 20:00 h.
Wednesdays from 11:00 to 15:00.
Weekends, days before holidays, and holidays, last entry into the exhibition is at 19:15h.
Find out about all our activities in our newsletter or on social media. Subscribe or follow us so you don’t miss a thing.
In order to preserve the work, the exhibition room must remain at a temperature of 21º